Oct 01, 2020
TIG’s partner GUDE launches Switchable AC/DC PDU for enhanced Control & Protection of AV & IT equipment
The new Power Distribution Unit (PDU) allows control, energy measurement and monitoring of up to 21 connected consumers with AC and DC voltage
With the Expert Power Control 8291-1, GUDE Systems GmbH
presents a power distribution system that is used in professional installations with direct current (DC) voltage requirements. The switchable LAN socket allows the connection of up to 21 AV and IT devices. Four different voltages can be operated: 17 switchable load outlets with DC voltages of 24 V, 12 V and 5 V and 4 switchable load outlets of 230 V (AC.) Due to the different connections on the back of the device (IEC C13, terminal clamp and USB type A) and the different supply voltages, a large number of AV and IT consumers can be connected. The integrated industrial power supply makes the often unreliable plug-in power supplies of the end devices superfluous. Thanks to its compact design in a stable metal housing, the PDU occupies only one height unit in 19-inch cabinets.
Once put into operation, the IT user benefits from the following advantages with the AC / DC power distributor:
The restart (reboot) of connected devices helps the applications that have hung up on their feet: either automatically via watchdog monitoring or through remote access via the integrated web application. In addition, critical system states in the installation are avoided through power and residual current monitoring. Switching routines are fully automated.
2. Operational safety
Short-circuit fuses per output (eFuse) prevent damage to other consumers. Furthermore, an integrated type 3 surge protection ensures more safety in operation.
3. Electricity savings
The integrated energy meters offer precise measurement and recording of electricity consumption and enable electricity-saving potentials to be exploited.
4. Saving of space
The IP power distributor only takes up 1 height unit in the rack and, thanks to the integrated power supply unit, allows many IT and AV devices to be connected directly. There is no need for the space-consuming power packs for the individual end devices.
Monitoring of temperature, humidity and air pressure in the installation environment using additional cable sensors. This means that critical conditions can be avoided in advance through preventive measures.
Functions at a glance:
Areas of application:
- 21 load outputs can be switched individually on the device or remotely via HTTPS and SNMP
- Remote monitoring and switching of connected loads: event and schedule-based switching, remote start, programmable switch-on / switch-off sequences, automatic switch-on delay to limit switch-on currents
- Load outputs can be switched when preset sensor limit values are exceeded
- 17 switchable current outputs with DC voltages of 24 V, 12 V and 5 V (max. 4 A) as well as 4 switchable current outputs of 230 V AC (max. 10 A)
- Measurement of current, voltage, phase angle, power factor, frequency, active, apparent and reactive power
- Residual current monitoring (differential current type A)
- Failsafe power pack integrated (max. 300 W)
- Increased protection through integrated overvoltage protection and eFuse per load output
- Location-independent access via web interface
- Easily readable LED display for displaying the total current, IP address, sensor values
and error messages
- Environmental monitoring thanks to optionally available sensors (temperature, humidity, air pressure)
- Generation of alarm messages and messages (e-mail, syslog and SNMP traps)
- Support of IPv6, SNMPv3, SSL, Telnet, Radius and Modbus TCP
- Easy integration into AV control systems
- Low own consumption
- Developed and produced in Germany
AV installations, media and IT racks, corporate networks
Network cabinets 19 inches, 1 height unit
LxHxD: 43.9 x 4.4 x 24.1 cm (without fastening straps)
External sensors (temperature, humidity, air pressure), IEC extension cable, cable mount, desk / wall mountGUDE
has been a manufacturer of innovative devices for the IT sector for over 30 years. They enable the optimisation and expansion of IT infrastructures as typically found in technical or server rooms. The product portfolio includes power distribution units (PDU), LAN sensors and radio clock systems. All devices of the family-run company are developed and manufactured in Germany in order to meet the quality requirements that customers place on reliable IT infrastructure.
Discover more at our London and Frankfurt Experience Spaces! Go to https://www.tig.eu/#booking-form to book your appointment.